Welcome To Our Website
We are manufacturers and wholesalers of quality hickory striking tool handles and hickory Dimension since 1923.
Located in the Tennessee River Valley - Appalachian Hickory wood is manufactured into sledge, hammer, axe and pick handles by skilled craftsmen. The handles start with hickory logs, and finish with a beautifully dipped lacquer, or smooth tumbled wax.
Why Choose Hickory Handles?
- Hickory is a sustainable and renewable resource
- Hickory is ergonomically better for comfort and stress reduction
- Hickory is more economical than other handle alternatives
- Hickory handles are easily replaced and are environmentally friendly
Our handles are turned to fit the grip of the user's hands ensuring extra comfort and better control of the tool.
- Since hickory is a natural product; handles traditionally have Been classified into different grades according to:
- freedom from defects
- grain structure
- Hickory logs produce the best handles and are selected for their heavy weight, and straight grain.
- The color of the wood does not affect the strength or quality of the handle.
- The U.S. Forest Products Lab has found no difference in white or red hickory's strength. Therefore, the best hickory handles may be white, red or a mixture of both.
- All our Handles are Sorted, and Selected for:
- The Job the Handle is Designed to Perform
- Absence of Defects
- Top Quality Grain
- Sledge, Axe, Railroad Pick, Garden Mattock, Nail Hammer and Blacksmith are among the handles manufactured.
- Some specialty items include:
Spike Maul Handles, Hickory Mallet Hammers, Adze Handles, File Handles and Tomahawk.
- Hickory blanks and dimension are manufactured and sold by Charles O. Cox Corporation.
- Ash tool handles are available for lawn and garden tools, contractor applications, and agriculture tools.
- Hardwood survey stakes are also available